Have you ever had a thought about how everything seems so connected the light and the darkness the good and the evil the justice and the injustice. Without injustice there ain’t no justice, without evil there ain’t no good, and without darkness, there isn’t s a need for light.
The story lights up with 2 friends Alina Starkov and her childhood friend Mal Oretsev, Alina Starkov is a cartographer, and Mal was chosen to be part of the team that will cross the fold(sea of darkness), But when she finds out that Mal is one of the chosen individuals she drops her mission to support him while on his journey? They entered the fold everything was still darkness was the only companion and their only focus was to cross it but down the road.
They were attacked by Volcra (dragons built with darkness). While the volcra were busy ambushing the people on the ship. Alexi a crew member escapes, and while escaping he witnesses the most astounding instant which held on the ship, a light which drove all the darkness away which became a conspiracy on the other side of the fold.
General Kirigan a high-end officer and one who started the Grisha Academy, get to know about the miracle which happened inside the fold and was eager to meet the so told prophetic girl who came into the world, the gist is that General Kirigan is the one who built the fold to keep all the Grisha’s safe.
Due to a trauma in regards to an injustice caused by citizens based on their poor judgment. Now Alina Starkov is one of the most important and chosen person in town as she was the source of light. She’s been taught just to stand up for what’s right but when her beliefs were shattered and she became devastated at the start to hear the truth but at the end of the day she used her light to drive the darkness away.
I’m not much of a fantasy person but the story line made me wanted to binge all the episodes because of how the setup was made in a medieval period and people gifted with certain powers.
Another trivia is that there Are Seven “Shadow And Bone” Books, So Here’s What You Need To Know About Them. Shadow and Bone is an American fantasy streaming television series developed by Eric Heisserer for Netflix that premiered on April 23, 2021. It is based on the Grisha novel trilogy, the first of which is Shadow and Bone (2012), and the Six of Crows (2015) novel duology by Leigh Bardugo. Welcome to Grisha Verse!!
- Jessie Mei Li as Alina Starkov, an orphan former assistant cartographer of the Royal Corps of Surveyors in the First Army and the Sun Summoner
- Kaylan Teague as Young Alina
- Archie Renaux as Malyen “Mal” Oretsev, an orphan tracker in the First Army and Alina’s childhood best friend
- Cody Molko as Young Mal
- Freddy Carter as Kaz Brekker, leader of the Crows, known as Dirtyhands
- Amita Suman as Inej Ghafa, member of the Crows, known as the Wraith
- Kit Young as Jesper Fahey, member of the Crows, a skilled sharp shooter
- Ben Barnes as General Kirigan / Aleksander / The Darkling, General of the Second Army and the Shadow Summoner
- Zoe Wanamaker as Baghra, Alina’s Grisha trainer